scan the stars; make music! an interactive sequencer for Norns, Crow, JF, and midi.
from maiden type
to start making music just press [key3] and use encoders 2 & 3 to tag some stars.
if you like your little sequence press [key3] again to lock it and just watch the stars pass by, otherwise constellations can make some comically long sequences with ease. Clear your sequence with [key2].
A star’s location on the Y axis determines the note value (bottom of the screen is low notes, top of the screen is high notes). A star’s size determines the release time and crow’s bipolar cv. A star’s brightness determines the amplitude and crow’s unipolar cv.
- [key 1] hold for ALT
- [key 2] clears the sequence
- [key 3] locks/unlocks the sequence
- [enc 1] time division to the Norns master clock
- [enc 2] crosshair Y axis
- [enc 3] crosshair X axis
- ALT + [enc1] probability
- ALT + [enc2] star density
- ALT + [enc3] star size
- ALT + [key2] sequence shift
- ALT + [key3] sequence pop
- [engine, crow, jf, midi] outputs are all available
- [scale, root, probability, max sequence length, and overwrite logic] are available under ‘sequencer params’
- all notable engine params are available
- [input2] unipolar (0-5v) control over Y axis
- [output1] 1 volt per octave
- [output2] clock pulse
- [output3] unipolar cv (0-5v)
- [output4] bipolar cv (-5-5v)